Common and differing lyrics

From: Ferenc Wagner
Subject: Common and differing lyrics
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 04:39:19 +0100

               Hello,

What's the preferred way of producing lyrics for multiple
stanzas?  In the piece I'm typesetting (Because) there are a
couple of measures in which I'd like to present two lines of
lyrics.  "common text \repeat fold 2 {} \alternative {
{first} {second} } common text" does mostly what I want
(apart from that the first syllabe of the second line is not
centered on the note), but also gives lots of warnings like:

Because.ly:112:21: warning: no one to print a repeat brace:
    \repeat fold 2 {}
                      \alternative {
warning: lyrics found without any matching notehead
[many of these]
Calculating column positions... programming error: No StaffSpacing wishes found
(Continuing; cross thumbs)
programming error: No StaffSpacing wishes found (Continuing; cross thumbs)

I'm using 1.6.6; the full source, output and results can be
seen at http://afavant.elte.hu/~wferi/because

                                        Thanks: Feri.