Scheme music (was: cross-voice slurs)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Scheme music (was: cross-voice slurs)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 20:13:08 -0700

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:31:49 +0200
Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Why not make an invisible note to attach the slur to?
> See input/test/bland-notes.ly.

That'd work, although it still leaves a lot of typing...

I'm intrigued by input/test/music-box.ly -- it uses Scheme functions
to save typing work.  Could I use some Scheme function to create an
alternating pattern (either of stemUp/stemDown or of
VisibleNote/InvisibleNote) ?  So I write my score like this:

<{[d16 s d] s } \\
 {s16 [d s d] }>

and then apply some scheme transformation to it to get this:

<{[d16( \blanknotes )d \unblanknotes d(] \blanknotes )d } \\
  {s16 [d s d] }>

I'm just asking if it's possible; if it _is_, then I should be able
to figure out how to do it by myself.

On second thought, maybe I can hack up something with sed... in any
case, I'd like to know if this is the sort of thing that scheme functions
would be useful for.