[Fwd: Re: Circled molecules? [WAS: Re: Using multiple versions of lilyp

From: Antonio PALAMA'
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Circled molecules? [WAS: Re: Using multiple versions of lilypond]
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:09:39 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Yes.  Well, the bad news is that the kind of inline LaTeX hacking you
did (for 1.2), is not and has never been a recommended or supported
feature.  LilyPond cannot calculate the dimensions of such a hack.
(La)TeX hacking should only be used if there's really no other option
(chinese lyrics come to mind).

Would it be possible to tell LilyPond to assume a null dimension? After all
the mark is placed above the staff and sould not interfere with the note
spacing. Anyway I understand that these hacks should be avoided.

You can use boxed molecules, like so:

   \score{
       \notes \relative c''{

           \property Score.RehearsalMark \override #'molecule-callback =
           #(make-molecule-boxer 0.15 0.3 0.3 Text_item::brew_molecule)

           a \mark "A"  b c \mark\default d
       }
       \paper{
            indent = 0.0\mm
            linewidth = 50.0\mm

Circled molecules have not been implemented yet.

I will try it; by the way, where are these molecules inplemented? I would like to give a look at the code. Maybe I can see a simple way to replace the box with
a circle.

Thanks for your help,

Antonio