Re: ps output looks like junk

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: ps output looks like junk
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 19:55:21 +0200

> > The attached postscript looks fine to me.
> That's very wierd - when I view it with gv it looks like a whole bunch of
> wierd characters. Perhaps there is something wrong with gv and not dvips?
> Colin

I can't imagine that gv fails. Are you sure you are
looking at the same version of the postscript file
as you sent on the mailing list (sending such large
attachments to a mailing list is a bad idea, by
the way).

You could easily test your gv by looking the
.ps.gz version of the manual from www.lilypond.org.

Do you see the same problems if you run
ly2dvi -P on some small .ly file?

  /Mats