Extender lines combined with slurs

From: Thomas E Dent
Subject: Extender lines combined with slurs
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:12:51 -0400 (EDT)

I am trying to get a single word put under the first note of a three-note
slur and an extender line under the other two. However I can't see any way
to do this. Since there are no new words under the second and third notes
I have to enter the blank lyric _ , but then the extender line stops very
short. In the example of the online manual, the program seems to "know"
that notes slurred together only take a single lyric, however when I run
the example on the computer it doesn't work - each _note_ gets its own
lyric!

Please tell me what is going on - is there some sort of version clash
here, since I am running the version that comes automatically installed on
the SuSE Linux Professional package.

Yours,
Thomas Dent

address@hidden