Re: font (?) help request

From: Alex Langley
Subject: Re: font (?) help request
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 14:22:34 -0700

---- "Alex Langley" <address@hidden> wrote:
> ---- Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
> > They should be available, ie, there should be nothing 'to fix' on
> > Linux.  Did you build LilyPond yourself?  Did you build and install
> > the pfa fonts?  Maybe we need better instructions for this.
>
> Yes, I built LilyPond 1.6.2, guile, python, etc. myself.
>
> I did not create the PFA fonts.

I see the problem.  I did not have pktrace or mftrace installed,
so make pfa-fonts didn't work.  I recall during "./configure" that
it was "Suggested" to have these, but not "Required".  Perhaps if
./configure was a stubborn about these as python and guile?

So, I think all the issues are now resolved!  Off to learning
more about lilypond.  Thanks a lot for your patient assistance!

Alex