Timing_engraver and \remove - \consists in general

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Timing_engraver and \remove - \consists in general
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 01:50:59 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Heyla!
>
> I'm still struggling with some apparently fundamental, basic concepts.
>
> The internals for Timing_engraver says that "In order to create
> polyrhythmic music, this engraver should be removed from Score and
> placed in Staff."

I've added an example to the distribution; see below

Also  -- this is pretty nonstandard stuff, I wonder if this should be
in the regular manual at all.

\header {
texidoc = "Polymetric music with aligned note values can be written
 by moving the timing engraver to staff context."
    }

\score {

\notes
<\context Staff = SA{

    % \time hardcodes \property Score.XXX = YYY
    \property Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(4 . 4)
    \property Staff.measureLength = #(make-moment 1 1)
    \property Staff.beatLength = #(make-moment 1 4)
    c1 c1 c1  }
\context Staff= SB {
    \property Staff.timeSignatureFraction = #'(3 . 4)
    \property Staff.measureLength = #(make-moment 3 4)
    \property Staff.beatLength = #(make-moment 1 4)
    c2. c2.  c2. c2.  }

\paper{
        \translator{ \ScoreContext
                        \remove "Timing_engraver" }