Re: How to move from one grandparent to another

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: How to move from one grandparent to another
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 21:54:56 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

I think it should be possible with

  \translator StaffGroup = up
  \translator Staff = stwo

No, this was also my 1st thought.
Problem is that the child of "StaffGroup" is "Staff", and hence "\translator StaffGroup = up" tries to move the STAFF (and not the VOICE) to the new staffgroup. This simple example still looks fairly right - but when things get more complicated it gets totally - ehm - I gotta watch my language now... :-) In this simple example you can see that things go wrong on the rightmost bar line - it does not (as it should) connect the two lowermost staves.

\score {
    \notes \relative c'' <
    \context StaffGroup = up <
        \context Staff = sone { s1 }
        \context Staff = stwo { s1 }

    \context StaffGroup = down <
        \context Staff = sthree { s1 }
        \context Staff = sfour <
            s1
            {
                c4 \translator Staff = sthree
                c \translator StaffGroup = up \translator Staff = stwo
                c \translator Staff = sone

-Rune