lilypond commands under emacs on Windows

From: Peter Dixon
Subject: lilypond commands under emacs on Windows
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 22:22:16 +0100

I am running Lilypond 1.4.14jcn3 on Windows XP.

I have the emacs 2PS, viewPS and midi master-file commands now working under
Windows.  I have not changed lilypond-mode.el, but more work is needed to
develop appropriate patches.

I pasted lilypond-init.el into c:\emacs\site-lisp\default.el.  To this I
added:

(add-hook 'LilyPond-mode-hook
   (lambda ()
     ;extend PATH to access LilyPond command executables
     (setenv "PATH"
      (concat (getenv "PATH")
";C:\\emacs\\bin;
C:\\cygwin\\bin;
C:\\cygwin\\usr\\windows\\Ghostgum\\gsview;
C:\\Program Files\\Windows Media Player"))

     ;(buffer-file-name) returns windows-format absolute file
     ;dir is not needed
     (defun LilyPond-master-file () (buffer-name))))

2PS:
I put a new ly2dvi.bat file into c:\emacs\bin to invoke the lilypond ly2dvi
from bash:

REM wrapper to call ly2dvi from bash
bash --init-file /etc/profile -c "/bin/ly2dvi %*%"

viewPS:
with the change to PATH above I customized the LilyPond Command Alist ViewPS
to 'gsview32 /E'

midi:
I customized the LilyPond Midi Command to 'wmplayer'

Peter Dixon