correct notes and beams display

From: Minh A. Hoang
Subject: correct notes and beams display
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 03:47:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi! I am a new lilypond user. I am typesetting a piece of
music now and I have got some problems (see the lilypond
codes below):

1. How can I put a slur or gliss. mark between the grace notes and main
notes?
2. If the up voice and the down voice are equal, say c (do), but the up
one is a dotted eight note (cis8.) and the down one is not a dotted
eight note (cis16), they will be put next to each other instead of
being overlapped. How can I put them on top of each other while remain
the dot-mark.
3. Sometimes we have weird beams (see tremolo example) where the beams
cross over the notes. It happens when the up voice and the down voice
are too far away from each other.

-Minh.

\score {
 \notes \relative c'' \sequential {
  \property Staff.midiInstrument = "acoustic guitar (nylon)"
  \time 6/8
  \key e \major
  \repeat volta 2 {
  \context Staff
  <
    \context Voice = VA {
      \stemUp
      \grace <fis8 \arpeggio cis8 a8 fis8 cis8 fis,8> %arpeggio doesn't
work
      cis8. dis'16 dis8 %1
      %for better look: cis8 s16 dis'16 dis8
      %tremolo