latex failure problem

From: Carter Brey
Subject: latex failure problem
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:33:06 +0900

Hello--

I've been working on a full orchestral score for a while and have begun running into a perplexing problem. To save compiling time I usually use the
\property Score.skipTypesetting = ##t

feature, just typesetting the part I'm currently working on and every once in a great while commenting the "skip typesetting" instruction so that I can see how the whole thing looks so far. Until yesterday I never had a problem with this, but after the score reached a certain length I started to get this error message at the very end of the compile:

paper output to `rococo-score.tex'...
writing header field `dedication' to `rococo-score.dedication'...
writing header field `title' to `rococo-score.title'...
writing header field `subtitle' to `rococo-score.subtitle'...
writing header field `subsubtitle' to `rococo-score.subsubtitle'...
writing header field `composer' to `rococo-score.composer'...
writing header field `opus' to `rococo-score.opus'...
warning: lilypond: command exited with value 139 (ignored)
Analyzing rococo-score.tex...
Running LaTeX...
error: latex: command exited with value 256
Traceback (innermost last):
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 928, in ?
   run_latex (files, outbase, extra_init)
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 670, in run_latex
   quiet_system (cmd, 'LaTeX')
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 442, in quiet_system
   return system (cmd)
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 247, in system
   error (msg)
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 144, in error
   raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...
LATEX output to `rococo-score.latex'...
MIDI output to `rococo-score.midi'...
TEX output to `rococo-score.tex'...

I can skip all but the very end or very beginning of the score and get a good compile with normal postscript output, but doing the entire thing makes latex choke. Any help gratefully appreciated. I'm attaching the two files zipped together, in case that helps.

Carter

--

|Carter Brey (address@hidden)|