lyrics and skips

From: Michael Ossmann
Subject: lyrics and skips
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:30:11 -0600

I ran into an inconsistency with the way \addlyrics deals
with simultaneous skips.  I assume that the first example
below is a bug and that the second is normal behavior, but
I'm not certain.

\version "1.5.59"
\score {
  <
    \addlyrics
      \context Staff {
        \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
        \notes <
          { c'4 <c'2 {s4 s}> c'8 c' }

      }
      \context Lyrics \lyrics { skips fool lyr -- ics  }

}
\score {
  <
    \addlyrics
      \context Staff {
        \property Staff.automaticMelismata = ##t
        \notes <
          { c'8 c' <r2 {s4 s}> c'16 c' c'8 }

      }
      \context Lyrics \lyrics { but not o -- ver rests }