Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...

From: Michael Jelden
Subject: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:22:01 +0200

Hi all,

I have a file, which would not compile thou the end, but only until a certain
point. It crashes during the LaTeX portion:

Running LaTeX...
error: latex: command exited with value 256
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 863, in ?
    run_latex (files, outbase, extra_init)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 639, in run_latex
    system (cmd)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 247, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 145, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...

When I run ly2dvi -V I see the message that \vbox is too full:

(/usr/local/share/lilypond/tex/feta20.tex)
(/usr/local/share/lilypond/tex/lilypond-latex.tex LaTeX definitions)
(/usr/local/share/lilypond/tex/lily-ps-defs.tex) [footer empty])
Overfull \vbox (0.7539pt too high) has occurred while \output is active
[1]
Runaway text?
ps: @beginspecial @setspecial 4.000000 4.0000
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [main memory size=263001].
\lilypondpaperoutputscale ->4.00000
                                   0
l.29801    }

The "failing" part, run on its own in a new file passes without problems, as
the rest of the original file does when run on its own.
I attach the file, which is outcommented from line 72 on. It would fail after l
72 c 54 if not excommented.

The problem is that this part is part of a score for larger orchestra, and I
have to deliver it this week...

I would really appreciate any help - if you know the problem...

Thanks in advance,

Michael

[Vl_solo.ly  application/octet-stream (6316 bytes)]