brackets

From: David Bobroff
Subject: brackets
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:52:29 +0000

Greetings,

I would like to put a large set of brackets around some notes like this:

 __                        __
|      *     *     *     *   |
|     |     |     |     |    |
|     |     |     |     |    |
|     |     |     |     |    |
|     |     |     |     |    |
|     -------------------    |
|__   -------------------  __|

I want the bracket to extend above and below the group of notes.  One group
is all in the staff, the other notes to be bracketed lie within two spaces
of the staff.  I would print these notes smaller but the size is already at
11pt and nothing smaller is available.  What I want is a large set of [].
I have not been able to see how to do this.

I would also like to adjust some space between movements.  How do I do that?

Is there a way to supress a new key signature being shown at the end of a
system?

Thanks,

David Bobroff