Conversion from Encore to Finale

From: ira
Subject: Conversion from Encore to Finale
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 10:52:41 -0500

Greetings!

I hope this question is not off-topic.  I'm a Sibelius user that works with
staff members who are still using Encore for music notation... problem is, I'd
like to import it directly into Sibelius.  Sibelius does not allow importing
from Encore, rather importing from Finale files.  I don't own Finale to do the
import/export process... which is how I ran across this mailing list.  Somewhere
on the web someone said that LilyPond is able to import Encore files and export
them into Finale format.  Is this possible?  If so, I'd like for someone (or
some people) to explain how.

Thanks for your time,

ira

PS.  Any Sibelius/LilyPond users out there who can give a comparison-contrast or
advatagesdisadvatages of Sibelius to LilyPond?  That is, other than prices!  :)