Simple problem gettingh started

From: R G Whedon
Subject: Simple problem gettingh started
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 19:33:11 -0500

I think the problem is that the default directory for the foo.ly file is under a directory which has my name as one of the parts of the path, unfortunately separated by a space.

I don't seem to be able to either change this "default" or to point Lilypond to another directgor which does not have the space.

Any ideas what I shouild do?

Here is a copy of the screen with the error message appearing as the 4th line from the bottom:

Congratulations and welcome to GNU LilyPond.

To get started, visit:
    http://www.lilypond.org/Documentation/windows/out-www/installing.html

If you encounter any problems, visit:
    http://www.lilypond.org/wiki?TroubleshootingWindows

When it all works, head straight to the tutorial:
    http://www.lilypond.org/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Tutorial.html

Ralph address@hidden /usr/bin/Ralph Whedon$ notepad foo.ly
Ralph address@hidden /usr/bin/Ralph Whedon$ --include, -I=c:\gp3\
> lydvi -P fo1.ly
BASH: --include,: command not found
Ralph address@hidden /usr/bin/Ralph Whedon$ ly2dvi -P foo
ly2dvi:error: filename should not contain spaces: `/usr/bin/Ralph Whedon/foo'