Re: Changing size/weight of printed music

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Changing size/weight of printed music
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 23:41:05 +0100

> I'm scoring a piece where I wish to indicate a second part singing on the
> same score (it happens to be an overdub).
>
> I'm fine with the on-the-fly dropping in of other parts, but what I'd
> *really* like to do is to print the overdub part slightly lighter or smaller
> (or both), to indicate which is the main part. I recall exactly the same kind
> of thing on engraved music, so I'm sure this isn't *too* much of an
> off-the-wall requirement!
>
> My apologies if this turns out to be a FAQ.

If you want small notes and other symbols printed in a normal-size
stave, for example for cue notes, just say \small or \tiny.
If you want a separate stave with line spacing matching the
smaller notes, you also have to set the staff-space property.
Take a look at the example file input/test/staff-size.ly
to see how this is done.

  /Mats