Re: sharp and turn on a note

From: ben . tordoff
Subject: Re: sharp and turn on a note
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:02:07 +0000 (GMT)

> This question has probably been asked before,
but > can someone tell me how to
> put a sharp AND a turn on a note ? (The turn
> should be above the sharp.)

Assuming you mean stacking them above one-another
(ie. indicating that you should use an accidental
for the rise/fall note), try this:

c''4-\p^#'(music "accidentals-1")^#'(music
"scripts-turn")^#'(music "accidentals--1")

This should draw a 'C' with a piano dynamic and a
turn with sharp sign below and flat sign above
(this was written for a fairly old version of
lily, so I hope it still works!). Note that this
causes the inter-line distance to grow *a lot*. If
someone knows a way of forcing the sharp / flat
sign to appear in a smaller font, I'd love to hear
about it.

You can replace

music "accidentals-1"

with

music "accidentals-2"   [a double sharp sign]
music "accidentals-0"   [a natural sign]
music "accidentals--1"   [a flat sign]
music "accidentals--2"   [a double flat sign]

also, the order of stacking can easily be
interchanged.

I hope this helps, and if anyone has a more
elegant (or less space-consuming) alternative,
please post it!

Cheers

Ben

This mail sent through UK Online webmail