ly2dvi dies (version 1.4.7) on comment

From: Brian McMinn
Subject: ly2dvi dies (version 1.4.7) on comment
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:55:21 -0700 (PDT)

When I comment out the last note of the bass part in
a 4 part song, ly2dvi crashes.  If I leave that note
in place, ly2dvi works properly.  I have found that I
can cause the crash by simply inserting a percent sign
to comment out a line or a part of a line.

The error message given is included below.  This error
is very repeatable but I can't find any pattern to
when it dies and when it works.

I can't get this to happen on a shorter file and I'd
rather not post the whole file if someone has seen
this error before and can identify it without the
source.

Thanks,
  Brian McMinn

GNU LilyPond 1.4.7
Now processing:
`/home/brian/music/ForTheFruitOfAllCreation544.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...error: lilypond: command exited
with value 139
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 781, in ?
    run_lilypond (files, outbase, dep_prefix)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 389, in
run_lilypond
    system ('lilypond %s %s ' % (opts, fs))
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 313, in system
    error (msg)
  File "/usr/local/bin/ly2dvi", line 207, in error
    raise _ ("Exiting ... ")
Exiting ...