Re: tie at end/start

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: tie at end/start
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:38:28 +0100

Den 23-Aug-01 skrev Han-Wen Nienhuys:

HN>>    g,1
HN>>    % fake a tie to the next mvmt
HN>>    * 7/8 ~ \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'transparent = ##t g,1 *
HN>> 1/8 .. but I'm not sure how to achieve the same thing - an unattached tie
HN>> - at the start of the 6th mvmt.
HN>
HN>
HN> No, -- but why doesn't this work at the start of a movement too?

Because one would have to alter all voices - even the voices without ties. It
would be a mess to keep the correct durations if not all voices' first notes
had the same duration.

Just doing

< { s4.*1/8  g4.*7/8 }
  { s2*1/8 ~ c2*7/8  } >

would not work - the g and c would not be aligned.

Further more the spacing would be wrong.

-Rune