Re: Thinking about the next stable release

From: Jean-Charles Malahieude
Subject: Re: Thinking about the next stable release
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 18:40:49 +0200

Le 26/05/2022 à 18:12, Jean Abou Samra a écrit :

Le 22/05/2022 à 14:39, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on LilyPond development a écrit :
Hi all,

with the unstable releases switched over to Guile 2.2, I think it might
be a good idea to think about the next stable release. The last time,
for 2.22.0 in early 2021, we kind of coincidentally aligned with the
Debian freeze timeline for Bullseye. For the next release, Debian 12
"Bookworm", the preliminary freeze plan can be found here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2022/03/msg00006.html

[...]

I think there's reasonable agreement that this is a
good plan (at least, no objections have been raised).
Now, how do we organize for that? Do you (speaking to
everyone) think we should do some sort of feature freeze
some time before branching, for example? (I have no specific
opinions on those things.)

If you'd prefer to have the documentation duly translated, it is preferable to let some time for the job to be accomplished.

Cheers,
--
Jean-Charles