Re: Lilypond patch

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: Lilypond patch
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 20:17:28 +0200

Le 23/05/2022 à 20:09, Andrea lienbacher a écrit :
Dear Jean!
Thank for your support!:)
Alternatively, you might have tried to process a huuuge score
to the point that your computer couldn't cope anymore. (That
would normally not happen before hundreds of pages, or large
nesting levels.)

I made a score for 10 instruments but not hundred pages ;)

So it would be great to know what you were doing. Do you still
have the file that triggered this error?
No unfortunatly not…. Because i had to reset my laptop. Nothing else worked.(I
let him for about 4 hours, but nothing else changed)

Hi,

Please keep the list in copy so others can chime in as well.

When you say "reset my laptop", do you mean rebooting?
So LilyPond is still installed, right? The first time,
I understood you removed the LilyPond application (which
surprised me).

If you try another score now, does it work?

When the computer appeared frozen, did _everything_ freeze,
or just the window of the LilyPond application? If it's
everything, that sounds like a problem with the lightweight
graphical application we ship on macOS rather than the core
LilyPond program. Well, the application that we used to ship,
anyway; in current development versions (= versions provided for
users to test, not recommended for everyone yet), we don't even
ship an app like that, you need to use an external editor. In
general, if are still using the mini-editor, I *strongly* recommend
that you switch to Frescobaldi, where editing is a lot more
comfortable. You can download it from here:

https://www.frescobaldi.org/download

Best,
Jean

Also, were you able to compile other files before? And what
is the version of LilyPond you have? How did you install it?
Yes I made a few files, and it worked quiet good! (I have Lilypond about 2-3
Months)
The version is 2.22
I installed it like the construction from the hompage…