Re: RFC: Adding syntax highlighting to the official documentation

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: RFC: Adding syntax highlighting to the official documentation
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 00:39:59 +0100

Am Di., 28. Dez. 2021 um 22:22 Uhr schrieb Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr>:

> On the merge request, Dan proposed the attached style. What do you think?
>
> Thanks,
> Jean

Well, I use jEdit for my own work. There I use a highly customized
syntax highlighting:
Many different colors and apart from comments all is bold (due to
increasing deterioration of my eyes, I'm getting old...)

Though, in the proposed style only things like \glissandoSkipOn use a
somehow red color.
For me red is a color to signal something important or a warning. It
looks like \glissandoSkipOn and friends would be the most important
things in the file.
Otoh, I don't think you can satisfy everyone's wishes. On colors I
have not a too strong opinion.

Alas, using italic makes it more difficult for me to read the file, it
disturbs and distracts me. I strongly object using it.

Thanks for working on it,
  Harm