Re: Need to remove links to lilypondblog.org

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Need to remove links to lilypondblog.org
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 12:14:40 +0100

On Sun, Nov 14 2021 at 21:14:16 +0100, Federico Bruni via Discussions on LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 14 2021 at 09:06:32 -0500, Paul Morris <paul@paulwmorris.com> wrote:
On 11/13/21 2:53 AM, Federico Bruni wrote:
Paul, do you have a backup of lilypondblog.org?
I might try converting it to a static site generator and host it on some free platform.
Hi Federico, Thanks for your message. I'd like to help with this.

Unfortunately, I don't have an up-to-date backup on my local machine.  I tried logging into my shared hosting account and I can still access the WordPress database for the site. (I could export the database to something like JSON or other options, but I'm not sure that raw data is very useful.)

I haven't confirmed but it looks like the domain has expired but the WordPress installation is still there. So what I'd like to try (when I can find time) is setting up a temporary subdomain somewhere and pointing it at the WordPress installation. If that works to let me log into the WP site, then I could use a plugin to do an "export to static html and css files" which could then be hosted somewhere or converted to a static site generator, etc.

Where is the Wordpress installation?
I thought it was on your personal server...

My plan is using Hugo, which has some options to migrate a site written in Wordpress:
https://gohugo.io/tools/migrations/#wordpress

If it works, the lilypond blog may have a second life and accept new contributions using a git workflow.

Hi Paul

I guess you haven't had any time so far...
Please keep me posted.

Thanks
Federico