Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 06:32:36 +0100

On Wed, Dec 8 2021 at 21:25:47 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, dem 08.12.2021 um 01:43 +0100 schrieb Federico Bruni:
On Fri, Dec 3 2021 at 19:17:19 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld via Discussions on
 LilyPond development <lilypond-devel@gnu.org> wrote:
 > here are the binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2, created
 > exactly with the scripts contained in the official source tar:
 > https://gitlab.com/hahnjo/lilypond/-/packages/4049140
> (For now I've published them on my repo, but I can also add them to > the official one and link it from the GitLab release if people think so.)

 Hi Jonas

 I'd like to use these binaries (when they become official) in
 Frescobaldi flatpak package, which bundles lilypond stable and
unstable. Frescobaldi flatpak is available for x86_64 and aarch64, so I
 would need also the aarch64/ARM64 binary of lilypond.

I know you want to build natively and you don't have an ARM64 machine
 to build it.
 Any chance you can use for example Github runners to build them?

https://github.community/t/ask-about-github-hosted-runners-arm64-platform-support/167483 https://docs.github.com/en/actions/hosting-your-own-runners/about-self-hosted-runners#supported-architectures-and-operating-systems-for-self-hosted-runners

As discussed in that thread, there are no AArch64 runners available on
GitHub, we'd have to provide them ourselves AFAICS. I'm not sure this
makes sense... How do you provide AArch64 binaries right now? If this
is an extension, I'd like to postpone this until we're actually on this
new infrastructure.

LilyPond is built from source on Flathub infrastructure.
If you click on the green check here:
https://github.com/flathub/org.frescobaldi.Frescobaldi/commits/master

you'll see the recent builds. This is for aarch64:
https://flathub.org/builds/#/builders/51/builds/5253

Yes, it's not Github.