Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Binaries of LilyPond 2.23.5 with Guile 2.2
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2021 22:48:52 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 05.12.2021 um 22:29 +0100 schrieb Robin Bannister:
> > > Jonas wrote:
> > >
> > > "Which step does it get stuck
> > >
> > > on, parsing, output of Postscript, or conversion to PDF?"
>
> Attached is a DEBUG log of what happens here with a smallish .ly
> file.
>
> I do get a successful version log though.
>

> And take what I provide with a pinch of salt:
>   - I have always used the installers.
>     - it took me a lot of time and effort to get this running
>       - unzip + move produced duplicate files
>       - apparent permission no-ops were due to zip having been
> stripped
>       - how do I run Win7 unzip as administrator?
>     - success with 7Zip run as admin and AV temporarily disabled
>   - so my final setup could well be wonky
>     - it is placed where the installers put new versions;
> LilyPond/usr/

Oh no, please don't install this over another version of LilyPond! The
official installers are built against Guile 1.8, having both version of
this very fundamental library in the same directory will go very wrong.

Wherever you downloaded the zip archive, just choose "Extract here" and
then execute from there.

Jonas