Re: font problems

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: font problems
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 09:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

>>>     [for Japanese]          →  Source Han Serif
>>
>> For Japanese fonts, I suggest HaranoAji.
>> It is the default Japanese font from TeX Live 2020.
>>
>> https://www.ctan.org/pkg/haranoaji
>
> OK, thanks for the suggestion.

After some thinking I'm not sure whether HaranoAji is the best
solution.  Given that both LilyPond and ghostscript need the fonts, a
TeXLive package doesn't help much – usually, FontConfig doesn't scan
TeXLive font directories.  Additionally, older GNU/Linux distributions
don't provide a separate package for this font.

I'm not sure how to tackle both the building of the Japanese texinfo
PDFs and the Japanese demo stuff in the LilyPond example files at the
same time.

Suggestions?  Ideas?

    Werner