Re: LilyPond disabled on Wikimedia

From: Tim Starling
Subject: Re: LilyPond disabled on Wikimedia
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 11:17:23 +1100

A number of safe mode escape vulnerabilities were discovered. One of
them, tracked internally as T260225, was discovered by Han-Wen and has
not been rectifiedafter two months.

I discussed a plan for rectifying it with Han-Wen, and suggested that
we could contribute funding towards fixing it. However, I was not able
to get approval for funding it. So the task remains open for
volunteers to address. Of course, it is difficult to recruit
volunteers when it is a private security issue.

Han-Wen commented that the rectification we discussed would require a
major version bump to 3.0. I don't consider that to be a blocker. I
think security hardening would make a good headline improvement for a
3.0 release.

I would estimate it as approximately one week of work. If you're
willing to put that kind of time in, I can forward you the previous
communications on this issue.

-- Tim Starling