Re: No ledger for custodes beyond 5-line staff

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: No ledger for custodes beyond 5-line staff
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 21:39:12 +0200

Hello Werner,

What is the proper process to file this as a bug?

Many thanks,
mattfong
Go to

https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/issues

You will need a GitLab account, and appropriate permissions.
Open a new issue, with a short explanation of what needs
improving, and your minimal example. Some critical pieces
of information are:
- Do these ledgers always occurin the use cases for Custos,
or just in certain scores? In the latter case, they should
become an option and you'd tag the issue as an Enhancement,
whereas in the first possibility, it would be a Defect.
- In either case, please show an example in printed music.
- Link Aaron's solution using a Scheme engraver (the actual
implementation may be completely different in the end, but
this still provides a start).

You will need to be given access to the tracker. To the lilypond-devel
list: I propose that we give Matthew Reporter permissions in
the GitLab group, given his record of being constructive when
asking questions on lilypond-user. I think giving regular users the
opportunity to participate in issue management helps both reduce
our workload (following bug-lilypond) and growing our community.

Best regards,
Jean