Re: Texinfo - manual line breaks in URLs?

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: Texinfo - manual line breaks in URLs?
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 23:18:43 +0200

Am 09.10.2020 um 09:22 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:
Did a make doc with updated texinfo.tex today and compared the pdfs
against master.  The result is uploaded here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1czVl2glLVoQiUOLu1mvnWh9hozivaPuC?usp=sharing

Green is master, red is current texinfo.tex from the Savannah repo.
I did have a look only on the English version now.  It seems that
the URL breaking is still worse in many cases.

How should we proceed?
It seems that we have to check the settings of LilyPond's texinfo
setup.  As a test, I compiled the attached document, and I get the
expected (good) formatting of the URL [the sample is taken from the NR
(around page 233)] with the latest `texinfo.tex` version.
I cannot reproduce this here. I ran the same minimal example with two
different
texinfo.tex versions, and with current
texinfo a69a42e0feac2a88c092d0c42cd08c0acf287d88
I get the same bad spacing as within the LilyPond doc build.

Are you sure that current texinfo.tex really was used?

Cheers,
Michael