Re: Milestones

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Milestones
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 16:33:06 +0200

Am Sonntag, den 11.10.2020, 10:19 -0400 schrieb Dan Eble:
> I do not understand which version/milestone to use when I add regression
> tests and close a merge request or issue.
>
> To pick a specific example,
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/445
>
> The MR added regression tests with \version "2.21.7".  The VERSION file says
> this:
>
> MAJOR_VERSION=2
> MINOR_VERSION=21
> PATCH_LEVEL=7
> MY_PATCH_LEVEL=
> VERSION_STABLE=2.20.0
> VERSION_DEVEL=2.21.6
>
> But the milestone for the MR now set to 2.21.8.

The milestones track which version fixed / will fix the issue, they're
an exact replacement for the old Fixed_x.y.z labels on SourceForge. As
2.21.7 has already been built and tagged (see git), the commits will
appear in the next version. (I hope that'll be 2.21.80 or the like, but
I needed something right now so I went with what VERSION will say.)

Jonas