Re: Language selection

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Language selection
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 17:36:18 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 20.08.2020, 14:22 +0100 schrieb Phil Holmes:
> If I go to
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/index.html
>
> and click any of the links, I get a page in Spanish, which I'm not.
>
> Anyone know why?

I think this is because we didn't have !312 in the release, so there
are no symlinks *.en.html -> *.html; compare:
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.20/Documentation/learning/index.en.html
https://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/learning/index.en.html

I actually had some time now to look into this and I think we can get
without the symlinks by putting

DefaultLanguage en

into .htaccess; and additionally setup a rewrite to preserve the links:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.+).en.html $1.html [L]

Han-Wen, could you give that a try on lilypond.org? If that works, I
can put up a proper MR (and maybe also revert the hack from !312).

Jonas