Re: Help fixing issues 4182 and 4691

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Help fixing issues 4182 and 4691
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 06:42:17 -0400

On Aug 10, 2020, at 05:17, Kevin Barry <barrykp@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm struggling with trying to fix these two issues so I'm asking for
> help from someone with a better knowledge of LilyPond internals.
>
> I have spent a couple of weeks looking at the code and trying different
> solutions (in both C++ and Scheme), so I think I have some understanding
> of the problem, but I have no idea about how/where to solve it and would
> like some guidance. I won't go into details about the nature of the bugs
> but they are both related to cross-staff beams.
>
> I know everyone is busy, but I think it would be worth the time to help
> get two regressions fixed (and maybe I'll learn something from it that
> means I won't need help next time). Feel free to reply on or off list.
> I'll be very grateful!

Kevin,

If this problem involves a twisty maze of callbacks and pure-impure properties,
it's unlikely that anyone's knowledge reaches the level of expertise you're
hoping for.  Consider posting in the tickets a description of what you have
tried and how it fell short of being a solution.

Regards,
--
Dan