Re: `make all` too verbose after merge #84

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: `make all` too verbose after merge #84
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 10:57:23 +0100

Hello Werner,

On 05/08/2020 09:39, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
On 05/08/2020 04:37, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
If I now execute `make doc -j4`, I get zillions lines

    Page 53
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 235

emitted by gs, and which are completely useless and clutter the
terminal output.  I let the above command run overnight so that I can
check it in the morning; however, inspite of having a really large
scrolling buffer of 10000 lines, this was not sufficient to scroll up
to the more interesting information.

Please fix this.
Did you not get this before !84?
Nope, IIRC.  Only warnings that 'font foo is too large to be included
as a subfont' or something similar.

I've just tried to compile 2.20 and I get those same Page xx message back then.

Go check out b39b2e652 for instance (that is the 2.20 'bump welcome' commit that Phil does for a release), and make doc.

You'll see these message then. At least, that is what I see.

I believe I started to notice them after Dan's changes he made to reduce the default verbosity - but that is not to say he did anything.

James