Re: Make doc and ghostscript warnings - cannot find TexGyre/Emmentaler

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Make doc and ghostscript warnings - cannot find TexGyre/Emmentaler
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 07:12:58 +0100

On 31/07/2020 22:04, Daniel Benjamin Miller wrote:
It's actually quite fine. It's basically saying it can't find Gyre or Emmentaler in GhostScript's bundled fonts. Which it shouldn't, since they're not included with GS. It finds it instead in the LilyPond build directory, where it well should be found.

DBM

Well I guessed that, the point was that should it be posting those warnings at all?

Having built full doc for the last 8 years pretty much every other day, I get twitchy when I 'suddenly' see things posted that I didn't the week before. Maybe those warnings have been there for a 'while' but maybe not.

Now that we've moved the doc check over to automation, I worry sometimes that these warnings creep in unnoticed and then, a few months down the line, something suddenly breaks and it goes all the way back to some innocuous change made by a well meaning dev that now means we have to fix things.

Not that I sit and pore over the entire stdout while compiling but, hey! ;)

James