Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: [RFC] Enabling GitLab CI
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 19:01:55 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 21.05.2020, 18:25 +0200 schrieb David Kastrup:
> > If we think contention will be a problem, we cannot do the proposal.
> > There's no sane "mixed bag": As outlined initially, we would 1)
> > require CI for merge requests, and 2) disable direct pushes to
> > master. This includes patchy which has no special permissions as far
> > as GitLab is concerned.
>
> Sure, it would be the merge request of staging to master that would
> trigger the CI then.

Interesting approach, I still had patchy in the equation. We'd still
need to target master initially so that James gets the CI results for
the countdown process. But this could be the easiest workaround in case
a developer with many patches hits contention and would be unable to
merge otherwise. I'm for keeping this in mind, but not making it a
rule.