Re: labels on GitLab

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: labels on GitLab
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 15:49:27 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 12.05.2020, 13:43 +0000 schrieb Carl Sorensen:
> On 5/12/20, 6:43 AM, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
>
> In my opinion, there are currently far too many labels on GitLab. To
> avoid the situation getting worse, please do not create new labels out
> of thin air for now. Instead we should first contemplate on what we
> really need and configure this appropriately. (Adding a label for every
> possible warning that could be fixed is not helpful.)
>
> ->CS  And following up on this, it seems like we should move away from
> Fixed_x_y_z to Fixed::x.y.z
>
> ->CS  Although, that is still one label per release, at least the labels are
> all grouped under the prefix Fixed::

Actually I think we should use milestones for this. They can be closed
and don't clutter the labels.
This comes with the disadvantage that there can be at most one
milestone set (which you also get with the scoped labels). This is not
correct for some patches that have been backported. I'm still building
ideas for how to handle this.

Jonas