Re: repository at GitLab

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: repository at GitLab
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 08:24:53 +0200

Am Mo., 11. Mai 2020 um 09:14 Uhr schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden>:

> Everything went pretty much as expected, so here's the repo:
>           https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond
> If you already have a local repository cloned from Savannah, execute
>  $ git remote set-url origin address@hidden:lilypond/lilypond.git
> to switch to GitLab (or edit your .git/config manually if preferred).
>
> I granted everybody access to the group https://gitlab.com/lilypond who
> sent requests so far. Please make sure that your username is
> recognizable to match with something that had access to SourceForge /
> Savannah. If in doubt just send me a private email because there's no
> possibility to reply to incoming access request from within GitLab.
>
> The general process stays in place, please push to staging instead of
> directly to master. Whoever runs patchy, please update the
> configuration as described above.
> To open a merge request, there are two possibilities: either fork the
> project or push a new dev/* branch directly to the repo and follow the
> links. The label Patch::new should be added automatically.
>
> If you want to get emails for the project: GitLab has a notification
> setting per project (little bell to the right of the project name).
> "Watch" will notify you about everything (new issues, merge requests,
> comments, ...), otherwise you can tick what you want with "Custom".
>
> So much for now. I expect us to figure things out as we go, and most
> probably change some if suitable.
>
> Jonas

Hi,

currently I've very little time to work on LilyPond or to monitor the
mailing-lists at all, thus I apologize if this is already answered
elsewhere.
For now I'll expect me getting familiar with GitLab very slowly...

Nevertheless, I just did:
$ git remote set-url origin address@hidden:lilypond/lilypond.git

Next I wanted to do:
$ git fetch
returning:
The authenticity of host 'gitlab.com
(2606:4700:90:0:f22e:fbec:5bed:a9b9)' can't be established.
ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:HbW3g8zUjNSksFbqTiUWPWg2Bq1x8xdGUrliXFzSnUw.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

What to do?

$ git config -e
reads
[core]
        repositoryformatversion = 0
        filemode = true
        bare = false
        logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
        url = address@hidden:lilypond/lilypond.git
        fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
[branch "master"]
        remote = origin
        merge = refs/heads/master
[branch "dev/guile-v2-work"]