Re: Almost, but not quite: C++ STL in LilyPond

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Almost, but not quite: C++ STL in LilyPond
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 17:45:53 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 05.05.2020, 17:09 +0200 schrieb David Kastrup:
> I am currently digging back and forth regarding implementation of our
> Smobs (Scheme objects) and garbage collection and STL, and I think I am
> converging on the realisation that we'll have to end up duplicating
> those parts of STL that we are using.

Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm missing a bit of context. Are we
talking about vector/lists/... of Smobs? Or is the issue that Smobs
contain STL containers?

In any case I'm not really fond of duplicating code. Given that it
seems to "work" right now, IMHO this needs to give some very clear
advantage over keeping the status quo.

Jonas