Re: automated formatting

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: automated formatting
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 10:53:16 +0100 (CET)

> * statically linked binaries of clang-format are available here:
> https://github.com/angular/clang-format/tree/master/bin ;

Aaah!  This is very nice, thanks.

> 1. Recognize clang-format as a "good enough", so I can use it
> locally on my diffs and not get reviews on style.

I did a quick view, and I think the output looks promising; I would
definitely call it 'good enough', and formatting only new code as you
suggested should be easily doable.

The only thing that I dislike is that a situation like

   //   ..... foo bar blabla blubb.
   //   Woodle woodle crunch ...

possibly gets reformatted as

   //   ..... foo bar blabla blubb. Woodle woodle crunch ...

this is, a full stop at a line end gets converted to a mid-line full
stop followed by a single space only.

Is there an 'emacs' option for clang-format to get two spaces for such
cases?

    Werner