Re: gub fail/local-build-script/new bug?

From: Michael Käppler
Subject: Re: gub fail/local-build-script/new bug?
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 23:28:46 +0100

Am 24.01.2020 um 22:28 schrieb Thomas Morley:

Well, I can't do any reasonable GUB-fixing, it's out of my depth.

Also, your relevant patches are out of my depth as well. Though,
nobody objected during review, thus I think we should keep them.

But I happily test things :)
Right now I try a GUB-build from a local branch containing nothing
else than already released 2.19.83. (with said gublbb and most recent
GUB)
If it fails (it worked half a year ago), than I suspect a GUB-problem.
And I may try to bisect GUB, although this will be very tedious...
If success I may try going lilypond-upstream.

I tried Knut's script too, while testing Dan's patches for issue 5658.
I did not work for me, either.
Your description from mid-2019
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2019-06/msg00065.html
worked like a charm, however.

Did not have time to look at Knut's script.

Cheers,
Michael