Re: Set page breaking properties in the System grob (issue 581470047 by

From: dak
Subject: Re: Set page breaking properties in the System grob (issue 581470047 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 11:05:51 -0800

On 2020/01/22 18:51:07, Erlend Aasland wrote:
> On 2020/01/22 16:20:21, Dan Eble wrote:
> > Veto! I've had more than one bad experience with lowercase ell.
> >
> > In one case--I think it was elsewhere in LilyPond--it was purely a
readability
> > issue, but reason enough to avoid it.
> >
> > In the other, one person *thought* that he was using it as a loop
variable (i,
> > j, k, l, ...), though he was actually using it outside its loop.
His code
> > compiled anyway because another person had defined a global of the
same name.
> > Thankfully, I don't work at that company anymore.
> >
> > I suggest "SCM line = lines;" as an alternative.
>
> +1

Interesting.  I'd have no qualms about l as a local loop variable,
though who uses this as a global variable is definitely asking for a
code review.  I consider it likely that GCC would deliver a warning for
the described situation, but it is of course valid code.

https://codereview.appspot.com/581470047/