Re: github mirror of lilypond?

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: github mirror of lilypond?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 09:31:50 -0500

On Jan 20, 2020, at 11:51, address@hidden wrote:

> On 20/01/2020 16:16, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>> Trivial things from a developer with push access can be just pushed.
>>> Complex or otherwise contential things warrant a chance for
>>> developers to take a look at it.  "Half a chance" seems an
>>> unnecessary complication.
>> Anyway, I was misled.  Han-Wen actually *did* create proper SF issues,
>> which I seem to have missed because the gnu.org mailer had again
>> delays, delivering messages in time-reversed order.
>>

>>    Werner
>>
> and on of them doesn't 'make/make test-baseline'.

A problem with the policy "trivial things can just be pushed" is that "trivial"
is open for interpretation.  Even a change that was intended to affect only
comments could have a bad impact if, say, it inserts an accidental stray
character and is not tested sufficiently.

James' report demonstrates that even if multiple devs agree that a change is
trivial, it should still be tested before being pushed.
—
Dan