Re: Cleanup initialization of configure process (issue 549350043 by addr

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Re: Cleanup initialization of configure process (issue 549350043 by address@hidden)
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 13:56:24 -0800

On 2020/01/14 18:21:32, hahnjo wrote:
Dan, if you don't want to run autogen.sh with a writable
~/lilypond-src, maybe
you can instead copy all files from that directory to a fresh one in
the
container?

If this expands to "rsync the latest changes to the build directory
before you build; and if you forget, it builds anyway but your changes
are disregarded," it's unappealing.

If the current little hack threatened to grow into something awful, an
important question to ask would be, "What's the problem with having to
configure before building the website?"  I'm referring to this comment
from early on:

Ideally, I'd like to get rid of the VERSION completely, but apparently
you can
build the website without configure'ing the project. I wasn't sure if
that is
still used, so I went for this solution.

https://codereview.appspot.com/549350043/