Re: Gub / Windows Subsystem for Linux

From: Knut Petersen
Subject: Re: Gub / Windows Subsystem for Linux
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:54:29 +0200

On 23.07.19 23:46, Karlin High wrote:

I found some more notes I'd taken back in February. Microsoft has their WSL
project on GitHub, there was an issue discussion there.

<https://github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/2468#issuecomment-502402213>

But I won't be trying any of this without your direction, Knut. I've given my share of
over-the-phone tech support, and have learned that the first rule for the remote user is
"be a puppet." :)

It's a promising link.

As 'make PLATFORMS=linux-64 LILYPOND_BRANCH=master lilypond' stopped when
trying to build netpbm you already successfully cross-built the linux-64
installer. You should find lilypond-2.21.0-1.linux-64.sh in ./uploads.

I suspect that all but the windows and macos platforms will also succeed.

Although the host is a 64-bit system the darwin and mingw require the ability
to execute 32bit code. If the procedures described in the link work, then the
problem should be solved. Feel free to experiment ;-)

For Windows/macOS support you might directly test these three commands while
experimenting:

bin/gub darwin-x86::odcctools
bin/gub darwin-ppc::odcctools
bin/gub tools::nsis

If these commands succeed after you followed the instructions in the link
everything else should succeed too.

Knut