Re: problem with predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly?

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: problem with predefined-guitar-fretboards.ly?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019 15:34:31 +0100

On 17/07/19 13:55, David Kastrup wrote:
> f:aug is clearly wrong, aes:aug has the right notes but the root note is
> awkward, not being the lowest.  I have no idea how guitarists would feel
> about that.

As a classical guitarist, I think there is a notation for "don't use
this string" (for example, the chord of C uses strings 1-5, but 6 is an
E so that's okay).

But provided the bottom string is part of the chord, it doesn't really
matter. After all, chords are quite often inverted in other music too, no?

Cheers,
Wol