Re: Improve content of tree.gittxt (issue 564990043 by address@hidden)

From: knupero
Subject: Re: Improve content of tree.gittxt (issue 564990043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 01:34:26 -0700

What I would like to see for such branches is the ID of the commit
where the branch is rooted in master, this is, if we have

              o---o---o branch
             /
    o---o---o---o---o master
    0   1   2   3   4

I want to see ID 2 in this file, marked as the root of `branch'.

So you ask for the equivalent of the output of the following script?

#!/bin/bash

BR=`LANG=c git branch | grep "^\*" | sed -e "s|^* *||"`

HD=`git rev-parse --verify HEAD`

FP=`git merge-base --octopus master HEAD`

echo "    BRANCH: $BR"
echo "      HEAD: $HD"
if [ ! -z $FP ]; then
  echo "MERGE_BASE: $FP"
  echo -e '\n   HISTORY:\n   ========\n';
  git log --pretty=format:"      HASH: %H%n   SUBJECT: %s%n" $FP~1..HEAD
| cat
fi

https://codereview.appspot.com/564990043/