Re: Build problem with binutils 2.3.2 / gcc 8.3.1: "DSO missing from com

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Build problem with binutils 2.3.2 / gcc 8.3.1: "DSO missing from command line"
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2019 06:53:26 +0200 (CEST)

> After some time without building lilypond I realized that my
> openSuSE Tumbleweed system had changed enough to be unable to build
> lilypond with my old and proven script.  The problem is that some
> required libraries are missing from the g++ command line that should
> produce the lilypond executable: [...]

I don't see this on my just installed openSUSE Leap 15.1 system, which
uses ld 2.31.1 and g++ 7.4.0 and which normally is quite similar to
Tumbleweed.

> I added libgobject-2.0 to LIBS: "export LIBS='-lglib-2.0
> -lgobject-2.0'", and after that building the lilypond executable
> succeeded again.

Hmm.  LilyPond doesn't explicitly test for glib; it relies on
PANGO_FT2_LIBS, which should always add those two libraries for
building the `lilypond' binary.  For example, I see the following in
my `config.log' file:

  configure:9658: checking PANGO_FT2_LIBS
  configure:9661: result: -L/usr/local/lib64 -lpangoft2-1.0 \
                          -lpango-1.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 \
                          -lfontconfig -lfreetype

Why is this not sufficient on your system?

    Werner