R\fermata: How to build a markup in C++?

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: R\fermata: How to build a markup in C++?
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2019 11:55:31 +0200

Hi list,

I’m trying to get R\fermata to work as expected by new users. I thought that it would be easier to make a MultiMeasureRestText with a markup containing the fermata glyph instead of having something like MultiMeasureRestScript. For that I have to build such a markup. Currently, I’m able to get the correct glyph name (ufermata/dfermata and others for most articulations but not f.e. \staccato). But then I’d have to build the “\markup \musicglyph” part in C++. Is there a way to do that?

Are there any other ideas how the R\fermata thing could be done?

Attached you can find what I’ve tried as a patch file, below some LilyPond code for testing.

Cheers,
Malte

\version "2.21.0"

{
   r1\fermata
   r1^\fermata
   r1_\fermata
   << r\fermata \\ r\fermata >>

   \bar "||"

   R1\fermataMarkup
   R1^\fermataMarkup
   R1_\fermataMarkup
   << R\fermataMarkup \\ R\fermataMarkup >>

   \bar "||"

   R1\fermata
   R1^\fermata
   R1_\fermata