Re: problems with \cueDuring and events

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: problems with \cueDuring and events
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 11:00:35 +0200

Am So., 7. Apr. 2019 um 19:20 Uhr schrieb Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> > acciaccatura contains
> >     \temporary \override Flag.stroke-style = #"grace"
> > reverting it at the end.
> >
> > Per default override/revert is not quoted.  You may extend
> > quotedCueEventTypes by `Override´ and `Revert´ to get the slashed
> > grace.
>
> Aah!  Thanks a lot!
>
> > Though, now _all_ overrides will be quoted.
>
> OK.
>
> > `Override´ and `Revert´ are not listed in the IR but in
> > `define-event-classes.scm'.
>
> This is something which should be fixed!  I had a look how the
> documentation gets generated, but it is far too much Scheme code for
> me, alas.  Can you perhaps provide a fix?

Tbh, I've no clue how the docs are created.
Could you give me some pointers where to look?

> > Not sure why `OverrideProperty´ and `RevertProperty´ is not
> > sufficient.
>
> Maybe because `{Override,Revert}Property' are music expressions and
> not events?
>
> The last riddle are tremolo beams: This MWE
>
>   \version "2.19.82"
>
>   \layout {
>     \context {
>       \Score
>         quotedCueEventTypes = #'(
>           note-event
>           rest-event
>           tie-event
>           beam-event
>           tuplet-span-event
>           tremolo-event
>           tremolo-span-event
>           Override
>           Revert
>           )
>     }
>   }
>
>   quoteMe = \relative {
>     fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 { b16 c }
>   }
>   \addQuote quoteMe \quoteMe
>
>   <<
>     \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Quoted Voice" } {
>       \quoteMe
>     }
>     \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "quoteDuring" } {
>       \relative { c'8 \quoteDuring "quoteMe" { s2.. } }
>     }
>   >>

> causes the attached output.  Are there still some events missing?

I doubt there are events missing. I even tried:

%% Needed for `ly:symbol-ci<?´
%% `symbol<?´ would work without lily-sort.scm
#(ly:load "lily-sort.scm")

%% Others somewhere?
#(define all-events
  (sort
    (delete-duplicates
      (append
        (append-map
          (lambda (x) (assoc-get 'types (cdr x)))
          music-descriptions)
        (append-map cdr (@@ (lily) event-classes))))
    ;symbol<?
    ly:symbol-ci<?
    ))

%#(pretty-print all-events)

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
      quotedEventTypes =
      #all-events
  }
}

quoteMe = \relative {
  fis'8 fis4. \repeat tremolo 4 { b16 c } r1
}
\addQuote quoteMe \quoteMe

<<
  \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "Quoted Voice" } {
    \quoteMe
  }
  \new Staff \with { instrumentName = "quoteDuring" } {
    \relative { c'8 \quoteDuring "quoteMe" { s2.. } cis1 }
  }

To no avail.

So I tend to think it has to do how quotes are processed.
You can get the stored quote with

#(pretty-print
  (hash-ref (module-ref (current-module) 'musicQuotes) "quoteMe")
  )

Which returns a vector with entries
for
- moment and pitch (I think it's a reference pitch)
- a stream-event
- a boolean (no clue for which purpose)

Though, I'm at a loss how to get deeper.

Cheers,
  Harm